Saturday, December 24, 2011

Goals for the New Year

 My goal for the new year is to try and post everyday even if it's just a quote about dressage or horses. I had an amazing lesson on Thursday by Doug. When I got there he was riding Lissy and she looked amazing. We have been working on the training scale together.




We have been really improving our sitting trot and working on the rhythm of the trot.  When Doug was riding Felicity it was amazing how much impulsion her back end was creating. After I had watched Doug ride for a while, which was wonderful she looked so fancy! It's crazy to think that she has only been in training for about 6 months and that I have only owned her for a year as of 12/31/11!! Anyway we worked on the contact and impulsion elements of the training scale on my lesson on Thursday. It was really helpful to have Lissy warmed up and riding nicely so I could work on my rein connection.

Finally I will leave any readers I might have out there with a quote from my wise trainer Douglas Puterbaugh:

"Horses will try to evade your aids in two ways: speed (slow or fast) and crookedness.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment