Saturday, January 9, 2010

Horse Career!

So I have officially changed from an Elementary Education major to a University Studies major with Equine minor. The program is really cool actually, it's totally online and is actually through Dickinson State University in North Dakota. The Equine minor is taught by Sandy and Gene Miller who offer classes through Global Equine Academy. I will be able to finish my bachelor's degree way sooner than I ever would at Eastern.

This is quite a change of career move for me, especially given the fact that I don't necessarily know what I will do after graduation. Part of me really wants to go on and get a master's degree from Prescott University in Arizona. They also have a distance program, though it may require more funds that what I will have initially. I continue to love my job as an assistant preschool teacher though I don't think it's what I want to do with the rest of my life, I am eager to start my courses and learn more about horses and training them which is what my second half of this semester is going to be, it requires me to be at the barn like multiple days a week. It will be nice to have a motivation to see Chance and get out there. I need to get out and see Chance more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment