Thursday morining (1/14/10) I started a new training regiment with Chance in order to make the goal of being able to canter a circle with a confident seat in time to make a video to send in to Global Equine Academy instructors in about 6 weeks. I have to send in a video of me riding Chance walking in several circles, trotting in several circles, and cantering in several circles. I went to the barn Thursday morning to try and squeeze in extra riding time to make sure I am able to make the goal.
I rode in figure eights and circles and we just kept trotting and really getting comfortable with trotting so we can progress. I felt really good after riding like it made the rest of my day go better, I was in a good mood the whole day.
I made time to ride again on Sunday and made some more progress and then today Chance and I did it.
WE CANTERED!!!!
we still have some work to do to smooth it out and make it longer and consistent. He still bucks and kicks a bit but I think we have made very significant progress. I am so excited! This means by the time I have to send the video in we should both have a deep seat and smooth canter.
All in All - a very successful ride
No comments:
Post a Comment