Friday, January 1, 2010

Life Long Horse Lover

When I was younger I was so jealous of my next door neighbor, she had a pony. I like most elementary school aged girls was bit by the horse crazy bug. I was lucky enough to take lessons on and off from age 7 or 8 til age 14 or 15 when boys took the place of horses as did school work and non horsey friends. To most it would seem I had gotten over my horse crazy 'phase'. Yet every time I got near any horse I couldn't help but feel this awe and attraction to it. Years went by and I was essentially horse free, I hardly rode or had any contact with horses. 

Fast forward 5 years!

 I rediscovered my passion for horses by a simple roadside sign offering horse lessons. Suddenly all the feelings of being around those marvelous creatures reemerged and I knew I had to get back to it. I also knew with my busy sometimes absurd schedule lessons or leasing didn't seem like a good option. I knew that if I really wanted to start riding again I would need my own horse. After all I didn't want lessons so much as I wanted to be in the presence of my very own horse.

The search began for not only  a horse but also a boarding facility. We looked at 2 other horses before Chance, but neither was exactly what I was looking for, until Chance. Chance was already at the boarding facility we liked and he was a Quarter horse Appaloosa that reminded me of the horse I rode the most during my 7 years of lessons.

Chance became my baby, my first horse, perfect in his imperfections

No comments:

Post a Comment