So I started this blog with the intent of writing much more often than I have so far. Chance and I went on a campaign to canter in February only to discover after several epic falls that we needed to work on our foundation before we cantered. So since February until now Chance and I have been taking weekly lessons to improve our riding skills. We have worked almost all the kinks out of the trot and together my trainer Katie and I are developing a plan for Chance and I to master the canter.
We had to work through several of the bad habits Chance's picked up while we learning to canter. And although I can safely say I that I did not expect to fall off quite this much when I first bought Chance, each fall has helped me improve my seat and prevent the next fall. I know that another horse could not have helped me improve my riding skills as fast as Chance has. I have learned about the importance saddle fit and the occasional massage.
I feel like Chance and I have a special bond, Chance was getting his feet trimmed yesterday and he was very nervous last time. This time I was stroking his head and just talking to him since I hadn't been out to the barn for a while to see him. He was so calm that Mike who was trimming Chance's feet asked if I had tranquilized him! Chance and I were just in our own little world.

No comments:
Post a Comment