Sunday, May 29, 2011

Meet Felicity! Chance's Sister by ownership

So it's been a super long time since I have updated this blog and a lot has changed since my last post. Chance was having back problems so I decided to give him some much needed rest and look for a new horse to ride in the mean time. I leased one horse for a month thinking he was only 9 or 10 when he was actually 18! After that experience I decided I should probably look into a lease to buy horse that was younger. In the meantime I came into contact with a different trainer who owns a more affordable boarding farm. She was able to hook me up with a guy who was selling a Percheron draft cross (his words not mine) and was willing to bring her to the barn for trial. When the then 'Rosie' arrived she was skinny but gorgeous. I knew there was no way I was ever going to let her go back to where she came from, she deserved so much better. This all happened in late December.

Since then 'Rosie' has been renamed, as she didn't know her name anyway, to Felicity (Lissy for short). We made great progress, got accepted into the training class and then decided that the methods were not ones I wanted to support or use.  Then about 2 weeks ago I took Lissy up to Puterbaugh Dressage for a clinic and we learned so much that I decided to leave her there for a while, maybe permanently, she is improving dramatically and has already gained muscle.

Of course I haven't forgotten about Chance, he will stay at the farm that is nearby my house, as Puterbaugh is about 45 minutes away from home. Chance is still the best little pony ever and I love him very much, always will. He has been battling eye problems first recurrent uvetis in the left eye then in the right. and then the right eye turned into an ulcer and when that healed the left eye got something that may be a third eyelid tumor. Poor Chance has been dealing with a lot so we haven't been doing much riding or lunging lately.

Oh did I mention that Lissy and Chance look alike except for the fact that one is tall  and one is short :)

No comments:

Post a Comment