Wednesday, June 1, 2011
Dressage Lesson Notes
My dressage lesson went very well today, Lissy's training is going well and that has helped my riding as well. Today we worked on my seat and hands which have improved immensely in the past two weeks. I worked all last week after my lesson on how to hold the reins. I also purchased a used stubben tristan saddle that came this morning just in time for my lesson.
The Saddle:
18 inch Stubben Tristan older model but in good condition, medium tree. The saddle was immediately comfortable and took almost no time to adjust. Best of all it was well within my budget!! I feel like having the same saddle from now on should help my progression. Sometimes I think that the best saddle is a simple one, that doesn't try to put your body in an abnormal position.
The Horse:
Lissy has been in training for going on three weeks and her progress is easy to see. Her muscle development is evident just from the short time she has been there. Her manners are better and she seems to really enjoy her routine. She is in training one to two times a week and then a lesson every week. My trainer thinks she has great potential and I know she can go all the way. She also has a great temperament.
The Rider:
I am riding once a week, and practicing jiujitsu twice a week. I am trying my best to become more fit and more informed on the art of dressage. I am motivated and excited to become a better rider.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment