Thursday, June 16, 2011

Lissy Needs Ground Manners, but her undersaddle is coming along nicely

On Tuesday I went for my lesson and we worked on the lunge line with sitting the trot even when she was leaning in and making tight circles. I made a lot of progress on sitting the trot, partially helped by holding on to the saddle. All that holding on to the saddle near her withers made my fingers really sore. But the trot is coming along so nicely.

Unfortunately her ground manners SUCK!!

Wednesday Lissy needed her feet done and so I went back out there to hold her while she got her feet trimmed. Lissy was an absolute basket case, she was running through me and in and out of stalls and the whole trimming process took over an hour!! And it ended with me having to chase her but not before she stepped on the side of my left foot and gave me rope burn. I think I will see if  she can get some ground manners along with her dressage training. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment